Pre-cut tape mask to mount your 5.5" LCD. Tape mask only, LCD not included.
Ready to install.
Steps to apply tape to Epax X1 LCD:
- Download the two cbddlp files which are helpful to display the edge of displayable screen. You can find the thin frame file here and thick frame file here.
- Print one of the above cbddlp file to show where the edge of screen is. Then apply the pre-cut tape to the frame so that the displayed frame is still seen. On each of the 4 sides there is 1mm room for you. So you don't necessarily need to apply the tape precisely.
- If you don't have pre-cut tape, you can use kapton tape for the same purpose.
- Press down the tape so that it is even and secure.
- Do an auto home to make sure things are all good. Then, do an auto home with VAT installed.
To help installation, please watch below video.
How to apply pre-cut tape around LCD screen: