- Wiper: Enable the wiper to reduce the stick to the tank. This reduces tank to wear and improves part accuracy. Resin stays mixed and consistent.
- Auto dispensing: Automatically dispense resin into the tank when needed. No more 100ml print limitations, no print line. and no babysitting
- Heater: Resin is sensitive to temperature fluctuations which influences the cure rate. Enable the heater to improve the printing accuracy.
This Universal Cartridge can be reprogrammed to any Formlabs resin type and can be easily reset when the printer thinks the resin cartridge is empty (normally, cartridges are disabled after 1 liter).
You will receive
- Programmable cartridge chip
- Programming cable
- Link to the latest software
Please note: To assemble the kit you need to provide an empty Formlabs cartridge. The cartridge is not included!
How to modify a cartridge
How to select a resin profile
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need this product? The universal cartridge is developed to overcome “open mode” limitations. It enables you to print with exactly the same printer functionality as the original Formlabs resins. Users of the universal cartridge have experienced more consistent and accurate print quality compared to printing in open mode. Several manufacturers developed specialty resins that are not offered by Formlabs. They can now be printed using the full functionality of the machine. Some of the other “closed mode printing” advantages of the universal cartridge are continuous printing of >100ml parts without forced stops and weld lines.
- Which resins are compatible with the printer and universal cartridge and what settings should I use? Several manufacturers have developed resins specifically for the Form 2. They can tell you which resin profile their specific resin is developed for. If this is not specified, a good starting point is using one of the standard resin profiles with the corresponding color of the resin.
Some manufacturers producing resins and are confirmed working are DruckWege, ApplyLabWork, Photocentric, Digital Forge, 3DResyn, and Molecule.
- Is it difficult to install a module myself into an empty cartridge? The modification requires a basic understanding of drilling and soldering. To install a module, you need to drill three holes in a cleaned cartridge, solder two wires, and glue the module in place.
|Country Of Origin||The Netherlands|
|External stock||Available in 3 to 6 weeks|
|Part Types||Others, Upgrade Kits|
|3D Printer Serie||Formlabs Form|
|3D Printer Model||Form 2, Form 3|
|Product Weight (g)||72.00|
Questions about this product? Our support team is ready to help!Contact us now